MyOpenMath is designed for mathematics, providing delivery of homework, quizzes, and tests with rich mathematical content. Students can receive immediate feedback on algorithmically generated questions with numerical or algebraic expression answers. And it can do so much more, providing a full course management system, including file posting, discussion forums, and a full gradebook, all designed with mathematics in mind.
MyOpenMath can be used to web-enhance an on-campus course, as part of hybrid course, or to run a fully online course. To get some idea how the system can be used by instructors, watch this quick three minute video
MyOpenMath has pre-built courses created by users based on popular open textbooks. Some of these course only include online homework, while others include videos, handouts, and instructor resources. The books for these courses can be read online, or printed copies can be ordered through our partner site, OpenTextBookStore.com.
We currently have pre-built courses aligned with:
- Arithmetic for College Students, David Lippman's remix of the MITE/NROC textbook
- Arithmetic Workbook, by Scottsdale Community College
- Prealgebra, by College of the Redwoods
- Prealgebra, by Angela Milano
- Introductory Algebra, by Scottsdale Community College
- Elementary Algebra, by OpenStax/Maracek/Anthony-Smith
- Beginning and Intermediate Algebra, by Tyler Wallace
- Beginning and Intermediate Algebra, a CK12 flexbook remixed by James Sousa
- Intermediate Algebra, by OpenStax/Maracek
- Intermediate Algebra, by Scottsdale Community College
- Math in Society, by David Lippman (A quantitative reasoning / math for liberal arts course)
- College Mathematics for Everyday Life, by Inigo et al.
- Precalculus: an Investigation of Functions, by David Lippman and Melonie Rasmussen
(covers College Algebra and Trig) video tour
- College Algebra, by Carl Stitz and Jeff Zeager
- College Algebra / College Algebra and Trig, by OpenStax
- Precalulus, by OpenStax
- Calculus, by OpenStax/Strang/Herman
- Contemporary Calculus (single variable), by Dale Hoffman
- Business Precalculus, by David Lippman
- Applied/Business Calculus, by Shana Calaway, Dale Hoffman, and David Lippman
- Statistics, by OpenIntro
- Statistics using Technology, by Kozak
- Intro Statistics, by OpenStax
- Elementary Differential Equations, by Trench
- Linear Algebra, by Lyryx/Kuttler
To preview these courses, return to the login page and login with username guest (no password needed).