Math 142 Chapter 5 Outcomes
- Convert radians to degrees and vice versa.
- Solve applied problems involving arc length and linear/angular speed.
- Calculate the reference angle for a given angle and compute or determine angles coterminal with a given angle.
- Apply the definitions of the trigonometric functions in terms of right triangles to solve for missing sides and angles of right triangles.
- Apply the definitions of the trigonometric functions in terms of the unit circle to state the coordinates of a point on a circle in terms of sine and cosine.
- Given a trigonometric function value for an angle (real number), determine the other five trigonometric function values for the same angle (real number).
- Solve applied problems involving right triangle trigonometry.
- Determine or calculate trigonometric function values for π/6, π/4, π/3, π/2, and π as well as angles which are coterminal to these or have these as reference angles without outside reference or calculator.
- Prove trigonometric identities that require multiple steps and algebraic and trigonometric manipulation.