Section 1.2 Basic Classes of Functions
- Calculate the slope of a linear function and interpret its meaning.
- Recognize the degree of a polynomial.
- Find the roots of a quadratic polynomial.
- Describe the graphs of basic odd and even polynomial functions.
- Identify a rational function.
- Describe the graphs of power and root functions.
- Explain the difference between algebraic and transcendental functions.
- Graph a piecewise-defined function.
- Sketch the graph of a function that has been shifted, stretched, or reflected from its initial graph position.
This is the publicly accessible content from a course on MyOpenMath. There may be additional content available by logging in