Module 1: Relations and Functions
1. Interchange interval notation, set notation and graphical representation of data.
2. Identify what numbers belong to the set of natural numbers, whole numbers, integers, rational numbers, irrational numbers, and real numbers.
3. Determine the mid-point of a segment joining two points in the Cartesian Plane.
4. Determine the distance between two points in the Cartesian Plane.
5. Represent graphically the relationship between two quantities
6. Use symmetry with respect to an axis or the origin to create graphical representations of related quantities.
7. Find the intercepts of an equation.
8. Determine if an equation is a function.
9. Use function notation.
10. Define and find the domain and range of a function.
11. Use function modeling to solve problems.
12. Find the sum, difference, product or quotient of two functions.
13. Solve function applications.
14. Graph basic parent/toolkit functions and piece-wise functions.
15. Define increasing and decreasing functions.
16. Define even and odd functions.
17. Define local or absolute extrema.
18. Shift, stretch, compress and reflect graphs of functions.
This is the publicly accessible content from a course on MyOpenMath. There may be additional content available by logging in