Experience 13 - Goodness Of Fit (GOF) Tests
The goodness-of-fit test will provide us with an inferential procedure for testing whether a frequency distribution follows a specific shape. In many situations testing the mean alone is not enough and we need to know if a data set is distributed a certain way.
- Know the basic features of the chi-square distribution
- Understand the procedure for conducting goodness-of-fit tests
- The learner will calculate p-values for goodness-of-fit tests using technology
- The learner will write up each part of a goodness-of-fit test using correct notation and complete sentences.
Click on "Textbook" to view the reading assignment for this experience or read sections 11.1-11.2 from your print or digital copy.
- Review - Read the above components and post any questions in the forum below.
- Practice - Complete the practice exercises that follow.
- Think - Answer the Critical Thinking questions in the "Critical Thinking" forum.
- Apply - Complete the Application Problems and upload your completed file
- Assess - Complete the Peer Assessment for this Experience.
If you have any questions about the content (readings, problems, etc.) then post in the "Questions about Experience 13" forum.
This is the publicly accessible content from a course on MyOpenMath. There may be additional content available by logging in