MyOpenMath is designed for mathematics, providing delivery of homework, quizzes, and tests with rich mathematical content. Students can receive immediate feedback on algorithmically generated questions with numerical or algebraic expression answers. And it can do so much more, providing a full course management system, including file posting, discussion forums, and a full gradebook, all designed with mathematics in mind.
MyOpenMath can be used to web-enhance an on-campus course, as part of hybrid course, or to run a fully online course. To get some idea how the system can be used by instructors, watch this quick three minute video
MyOpenMath provides pre-built courses based on popular open textbooks. Some of these course only include online homework, while others include videos, handouts, and instructor resources. The books for these courses can be read online, or printed copies can be ordered through our partner site, OpenTextBookStore.com.
We currently have pre-built courses aligned with:
- Prealgebra, by College of the Redwoods
- Beginning and Intermediate Algebra, by Tyler Wallace
- Precalculus: an Investigation of Functions, by David Lippman and Melonie Rasmussen (covers College Algebra and Trig) video tour
- Trigonometry, a CK12 flexbook remixed by James Sousa
Coming very soon we will have pre-built courses for:
- Arithmetic (Dev Math 1), by NROC